July 02, 2010

New name for the Republic of Singapore

I don't know who coined "the Little Red Dot" for Singapore. It must have been due to the size on the map where in school we mark the capitals of nations with a dot. But why red?

Anyway with the advent of time and more understanding of how and what of the Little Red Dot, we now have a more relevant and descriptive name:

THE LITTLE RED BOX

RED is something I think we should keep for the purpose of identity and continuity and BOX is the more descriptive term of the nation in terms of social and cultural behaviour.

What do you think? Can you think out of the box, O Singaporean? It's safe to stay in the BOX... and perhaps you pride yourself on your ability to think... but are your thoughts forever PRIVATE, kept safely in the BOX?

BOX of Rules, tightly enforced and programmed.

Will the BOX limit creativity? Imagination? Progress? You decide.  It's your box.

The Strait Times had an article that I can't completely recall.  The human resource page I think.  It's the headline thats stuck with me.  "Find the Box and think out of it".  Good Advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment